Telangana government provides one nutritious meal every day to pregnant and lactating women and children below the age of six through Anganwadi centres. The scheme was launched officially on January 1, 2015 by Honourable Chief Minister Sri K. Chandrashekar Rao. For the women, 200 ml of milk for 25 days a month and one egg each day will be given with meal. Children, aged between seven months and three years are provided with 16 eggs a month in addition to a 2.5 kg food packet. For children aged between 3 and six years, one egg a day in addition to rice, dal, vegetables and snacks is supplied. The quantity of food items supplied under the scheme has also been increased across all the categories.
Objectives of “Arogya Laxmi programme”
- Enhance the quality and acceptability of supplementary nutrition by the Pregnant and Lactating women
- Ensure food supplied is consumed by only the Pregnant and Lactating womenratherthanthe wholefamily
- Ensurethat Pregnant and Lactating women consume 90+ IFAtablets.
- Improve the enrollment of mothers at AnganwadiCenters (AWCs).
- Eliminate or decrease number of Pregnant and Lactating women with anaemia/ who are undernourished.
- Reduce the incidence of low birth babies and malnutrition among children.
- Ensurethat Pregnant and Lactating women receive health check ups and immunization.
- Reduce the incidenceof infant mortality andmaternal mortality.
Women and Childrens
One nutritious meal every day to pregnant and lactating women and children below the age of six through Anganwadi centres.
How To Apply
For more information click on http://wdcw.tg.nic.in/Arogya_Lakshmi.html