The Government of Telangana launched Gram Jyothi program as a logical continuation to Mana Ooru-Mana Pranalika.The Scheme was launched on 17 August 2015 launched a flagship programme Grama Jyothi across the state. The scheme is aimed at comprehensive development of rural areas allowing planning and execution of works by villages themselves. The objective of the programme is to improve the service delivery to the people in core sectors through the strengthening of the Gram Panchayats by bringing together the efforts of various independent departments. Grama Jyothi aims at synergising the developmental activities of the departments by achieving functional and financial convergence through preparation of Gram Panchayat Developmental Plans. It seeks to exploit the enormous collective energy of the people by making them active partners in the development process, decision making and take good advantage of the social capital at the village level. The goal of Grama Jyothi is to bring in much desired accountability, transparency in the functioning of public institutions working at village level and make them responsive to the needs of the people.
The various Functional Committees which are formed for Gram Panchayat Development Plan comprise of Water and Sanitation, Nutrition, Education, Security, Poverty Reduction, Resource Management, Agriculture and Infrastructure.
Benefits/uses of the application:
- Better coordination of line departments through the planning process for convergence of major Schemes which work in Silos to bring in the synergy of Developmental efforts at GP Level
- Preparation of GP development Plans
- Bottom-up planning to be adopted for the optimal utilization of resources and avoid duplication
- To improve the service delivery in core sectors
- To make GP level Institutions more Accountable, Transparent and Responsive to People’s Needs
- To form Functional Committee sector wise for monitoring Goals
- Generate GPDP Plans Reports
- Data is readily available with Gram Panchayats to take up and execute Developmental Works with the concerned Departments
- Functional Committees can monitor various sectors such as Sanitation, Dump Yards, Community Sanitation Anganwadis, Community Sanitation Schools, School Children Details, l dropouts (6-14 Years), Orphans Rehabilitation, Grave Yards and information on very poor families
- Integration with National Portal Planplus.
Gram Panchayat people
to improve the service delivery to the people in core sectors
How To Apply
For more information click on http://tspri.cgg.gov.in/