The State Government has embarked on a Noble Project of achieving “avoidable blindness-free” status by conducting a Comprehensive and Universal Eye Screening for the entire population of the State under the title ‘Kanti Velugu’. The Programme launched on 15th August, 2018.
The salient features of ”Telangana Kanti Velugu” are:-
- Universal Eye Screening to be done for all the citizens of Telangana.
- All cases that require correction of Refraction Errors, Spectacles to be distributed free of cost
- Surgeries will be organised in all cases of Cataract, Glaucoma, Retinopathy, corneal disorders etc.,
- All the services will be provided free of cost
- Medicines for common eye ailments will be provided
- Citizens will be educated on prevention of serious disabling eye diseases.
Avoidable blindness And Eye problems.
How To Apply
Visit Nearest Primary health care centers or Visit https://tweb.telangana.gov.in/initiatives/kanti-velugu-scheme/