The Main objective of the Marketing Department is to regulate the sale and purchase of Agricultural Produce and to establish common places where the buyers and sellers can directly meet and transact business. The Department protects the producer-sellers from the exploitation of middlemen, through the regulatory machinery by arranging common platforms with facilities for storage and correct weighment. The Department also ensures prompt payment of the value of the produce to the sellers curbing unauthorized deductions and illegal collection by the traders.
Rythu Bandhu Pathakam:
- In order to prevent distress sale of Agril. Produce by the farmers in the state. The Government had formulated a scheme for providing short term advances to farmers.This scheme is called Rythu Bandhu Pathakam.
- The main objective of Rythu Bandhu Pathakam is to make available the advance to the needy farmers against pledge of stock so as to prevent them from resorting to distress sale of their produce particularly during glut and giving them temporary financial support interms of need. The scheme is being implemented by all the AMCs in the State.
- After bifurcation, the Telangana Government has enhanced Loan Amount from Rs. 1,00,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/- under Rythu Bandu Pathakam (Pledge loan scheme to prevent farmers from distress sales) without interest up to 180 days.
- Every farmer shall be eligible for the pledge loan subject to maximum of Rs. 2.00 Lakhs or 75% of the value of the pledged stock whichever is less without Mortgage of Land.
- Renewal period of Rythu Bandhu Card is extended from (3) years to (5) years.
- The following interest shall be levied on the loans taken under Rythu Bandhu Pathakam.
- Up to 180 days – no interest will be charged.
- From 180 days to 270 days – 12% interest will be charged.
- After 270 days the Market Committee shall have the right to dispose off the produce and recover the loan from the sale proceeds.
Rythu Bheema Pathakam:
- It will be implemented by all the Agricultural Market Committees
- Farmers who bring their produce to the Market Yards and also farmers who come to the Market Yards with their produce, will be provided with Insurance coverage for accidental death, permanent disability and also partial disability.
- This scheme will also cover Licensed Hamalies, Weighmen and Cartmen who are working in the Market Yards. The Insurance coverage would be as follows:-
- In case of accidental death in the course of farming : Rs. 1.00 lakh
- In case of permanent disability : Rs. 75,000/-
- Partial disability : Rs. 25,000/-
AGRICULTURAL MARKETING DEPARTMENT – http://tsmarketing.in/