Mission for Elimination of Poverty in Municipal Areas:
- Employment through skill training and placement(EST&P)
- Self Employment Programme (SEP)
- Social Mobilisation and Institutional Development(SMID)
- Support to urban street vendors(SUSV)
- Shelter for urban homeless(SUH)
- Capacity building and training programme(CB&T)
- Innovation and Special Projects (ISP)
- Provide an asset to the urban poor in the form of skills for sustainable livelihood.
- Financial assistance to individuals / groups of urban poor for setting up gainful self-employment also support Self Help Groups (SHGs) of urban poor to access easy credit from bank and avail interest subsidy on SHG loans.
- Building Community Institutions – Self Help Groups & Their Federations.
- Universal Financial Inclusion.
- Revolving Fund Support to SHGs & Their Federations.
- City Livelihood Center.
- Training for Community Institutions, SHGs and Their Federations.
- Provides a source of self-employment, and acts as a measure of urban poverty alleviation.
- Ensure availability and access of the urban homeless population to permanent shelters including the basic infrastructure facilities like water supply, sanitation,safety and security.
- Provide high quality technical assistance in the field of livelihood promotion and urban poverty alleviation.
- Implement a time-bound programme to demonstrate an approach that is likely to have wide implications for sustaining urban Poverty alleviation efforts.
Website of the Department