Vision & Mission
The State Audit Department are mainly to conduct the audit of the accounts of all the Local Bodies, issue of Audit Reports, issue of Surcharge Certificates on clear cases of losses, misappropriations etc. and settlement of audit objections where suitable replies are furnished rectifying the defects pointed out in the Audit Reports. The process of audit of the accounts is nothing but investigation on financial irregularities committed by the Local bodies /Institutions and the Audit Report is nothing but a judgment. Hence the State Audit Department can be considered to be the watch dog on the financial transactions of Local Bodies/Institutions.
Functions Of the Department:
- Conduct the audit of the accounts of all the Local Bodies, issue of Audit Reports, issue of Surcharge Certificates on clear cases of losses, misappropriations etc. and settlement of audit objections where suitable replies are furnished rectifying the defects pointed out in the Audit Reports.
- Besides the auditorial functions of the above Local bodies/Institutions, the following are the non-auditorial functions of the department.
- Authorisation/Certification of Pensionary benefits and issue of Pension Payment Orders and Gratuity Payment Orders to the Non-Teaching staff of Panchayat Raj Bodies and employees of Municipalities, Zilla Grandhalaya Samastha, Universities and Certain temples.
- Authorisation of Pensionary benefits and issue of Pension Payment Orders and Gratuity Payment Orders to Head Constables, Police Constables, Excise Constables, Forest Guards and Other Class-IV employees belonging to the Government service.
- Pre – Check of pay fixations under Revised Pay Scales from time to time and check of the amounts of arrears due to the teaching and non-teaching staff of all Aided Schools and Colleges including those under Private Management.
- Pre – Check of pay fixation statements in the Revised U G C Scales of 1986 and also under the Career Advancement Scheme and check of amount of arrears due to teaching staff of Private Aided Degree Colleges.
- Pre – Check of correctness of the pay fixations of teaching and non-teaching staff working in Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare residential educational Institutions Society.
- Issue of Utilisation Certificates after countersigning them in respect of the grants released to Local Bodies by the State and Central Governments and its Agencies.
Official Contact Details :
|SI.No.||Name||Designation||Office Phone||Cell Phone|
|1||Smt. K. VIJAYALAKSHMI||District Audit Officer||9705345970||9618009802||dao-kmr-audit[at]telangana[dot]gov[dot]in, daosakamareddy[dot]ts[at]gmail[dot]com|
Government of Telangana State Audit Department : https://www.dsa.telangana.gov.in/